I just finished the book Reasons to be Happy by the talented Katrina Kittle.
(Buy it here)
Although juvenile fiction, I suggest anyone of any age to read it.
It is all about trying to find yourself, what truly makes you smile, and to be yourself.
I wish my 14-year-old self had read this book.
She would have learned much from it.
She would have started a list of what makes her happy.
So now, at 25, I’ll start that list.
You should start a list too.
Look at it often.
Remind yourself of all those small things that make you smile.
Reasons to be Happy (Thank you, K. Kittle!)
1. Homemade popcorn.
2. The feeling of summer grass between your bare toes.
3. Leopard print pillows.
9. Seeing your family after a long, long time.
10. Finding something you thought you lost.
11. Sinking into a hot bath.
12. Lillies. They just make me smile all over.
13. Watching a favorite movie, and noticing something you didn’t notice before.
14. Gorgeous brick homes with bright blue doors.
20. Snatching a warm towel straight from the dryer.
21. Baking a delicious dessert… and then giving it to someone else.
23. Old-fashioned keys (skeletons are the best).
24. Saying the same exact thing at the same exact time as someone else.
25. Finding a missing sock.
26. Furry ears on cattle.
27. The way your lips feels after making out. Plump and full.
28. Princess-cut diamonds.
29. Reading late into the wee hours when you know you have to get up early.
30. Baby cucumbers.
31. Drinking champagne, out of ridiculously cheesy heart glasses from the dollar store, in a hotel room with your BFF.
The list goes on and on.
I love it.
Over and out.