These were made from bran cereal– amazing!
Cereal that has a lot of grams of fiber and resembles dog food is my favorite.
I don’t know why I like it, I just do.
Kroger brand Bran cereal is a preferred choice.
I never noticed it before but on the side of the box, there is a recipe for muffins:
After noticing this, I observed that we had a very ripe banana in the kitchen thus making it an ideal time to try out this recipe.
I made a few adjustments, to ensure these muffins are super healthy and very low in fat. And high in tastiness.
This is what you need:
- 2 cups Bran cereal
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 mashed ripe banana (about 1/2 cup)
- Substitute 1/4 cup oil and 1 egg with ONE CONTAINER of greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup fake sugar (I use splenda)
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 Tbls. of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon or pumpkin spice ( I suggest the latter since it is Fall!)
- A pinch/splash of vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 400° and grease up a muffin pan like a chiseled body builder.
2. In a bowl, pour cereal and milk together. Mix.
3. Take greek yogurt (I used vanilla flavor) and add to cereal/milk mixture. Then add mashed up banananannana. Mix well!
4. In a separate larger bowl, mix your flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon/pumpkin spice, and vanilla extract.
5. Then add your banana mush mixture to the dry ingredient mixture. It should look messy, like this:
6. Spoon evenly into 12 muffin molds and pop it in the oven for 22-27 minutes
7. Remove from muffin mold, let them cool (I suggest you do that because I burnt my tongue brutally due to impatience) and then enjoy!